Old December 6th 08, 11:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
poachedeggs

Default SFRAM memory chip - following previous post below

Oh, I see SFRAM is a "lower-cost alternative" that's "almost as
good". Hopefully there's not a lot of difference in it - especially
on an 8 year-old pc running the current Firefox, Flashplayer and
OpenOffice - as I can't be bothered to return it again, heh.

On Dec 6, 10:02*pm, poachedeggs wrote:
Also, if you have any idea about the 2nd half of this enquiry (the
fonts bit, as the icons problem is solved), again many thanks:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...e_thread/threa...

Lee

On Dec 6, 5:31*pm, poachedeggs wrote:

Hello again. *With the RAM replaced, and tests checking out, the
Compaq is working fine and I'm sure noticeably smoother. *I just
wanted, though, to check something about the RAM I was sent. *It says
SFRAM - usually it's SDRAM isn't it? *Is this okay? *The chip is about
1/8 of an inch bigger but not in any inconvenient direction, but
everything else written on the chip is as SDRAM, I think. *No beep
errors occured, and I checked the new (Samsung) chip alone with the
Hyundai original temporarily removed.

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -