Old February 25th 07, 11:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
tchiseen

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

what a great thread on this topic.

I'm having some problems, I recently got gifted a presario 2500 which
was very poorly repaired by some twit in thailand or somthing, they'd
ripped out the power jack and cut the wire on the charger so now it's
just two wires coming out the end of it.
The odd thing is, it actually worked. it booted up and asked me if i
wanted to start windows in safemode. it did it once, however, and now
wont boot at all. I had the feeling it was something to do with the
abs. rubbish wire stripping/soldering/hot glue job someone had done,
so i took it all apart.
I have a few pictures of the situation the motherboard is in. I've
looked into getting a new jack for the mobo, but re-considered it.

I'd like to know if anyone can help me to get this to work. I'm not
too concerned about using this as a portable computer, although it
would be nice, I don't want to have to spend too much... I have looked
for docking stations on ebay australia, couldnt find any. which model
of dock should i be looking for? If I wanted to, however, judging by
the photos, would i be able to de-solder the board and purchase a new
charger and get it to work? I'm also considering simply re-soldering
the cut power cable onto the board, is this a good or bad idea?

Thanks very much for any help.

PICS -
http://www.imagebeaver.com/view.php?...llery&g=222019