Old November 4th 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
stargazer257

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

fetty0565wrote:
I also can't get two of the three prongs out of the motherboard, so
that I can get the new one in. Is there any tricks to getting these
out???? Also, Do I have to solder it once I get it in ??
Those broken prongs can be a real PITA, but they can come out.

Is there anything to grab onto with a pair of needle nose pliers
perhaps?

If you go back about a year in this thread, I discussed my problems
removing the prongs and my success. It took some extra hands to pull
gently/firmly while I heated the joint. I was suprised at how tough
it was. I thought I was going to break the MB.

And I am assuming that you were able to completely remove the
motherboard (MB) to do this. If it is not completely out, you can't
really get to everywhere you need to get.

Those are the only tricks I can offer, check the ENTIRE thread for
other advice as well.

And yes, you must solder the new jack in. If you don't know how to
solder, then you already have gone too far on your own. Not being
critical, just a realist.

Keep on letting us know your problems and successes. This has been a
LONG running thread and was helpful to me a year ago when working on
my sister's compaq. We've heard most of the problems before, so keep
giving us a try....