Old November 14th 05, 07:32 PM
Wanzi

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

W00t! Thanks for the luck, as I got mine working too, I had a 2500
though. So here's a note to all other people w/ this problem:

Your laptop will be 100% dismantled for this repair. As long as
you're a confident person, all you'll need to fix is the $5 part from
EBAY, a soldering iron and solder from Radio Shack for $8, a small
phillips screwdriver and some needle nose pliers.

Take it all apart, you'll have the motherboard in your hand as you'll
need to un-solder the from the bottom of it. Heat up the 3 pieces
and pry that pos off. Place new one on, apply a 3 beads of solder in
the correct places. Put it back together and turn it on... took me 90
mins and I have no soldering experience whatsoever and had to solder
the fan jack on my mobo that I snapped off by accident too. One more
thing is I re-greased my processor w/ Artic Silver while it was apart
and it runs about 5 degrees cooler now

Disclaimer: This website nor Wanzi are responsible for you're n00bish
efforts at fixing bad powerjacks on your laptop. If things go wrong,
let it be known that these are words of advise and should be
addressed w/ caution and at your own risk.