Old June 6th 09, 12:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
John LaBella

Default Win XP Pressario re install problems

After encountering many BSOD (and trying all possible remedies - new HD
checking RAM etc etc. I re installed Win XP Pro SP2.
During install I had to use the F7 bypass - I don't recall having to do
that before.
However The unit seems a bit more reliable but one BIG problem... The OS
doesn't appear to recognise the fact that it is a Laptop using
batteries.
Yes I did try the go into power and select APM but no luck.
Any suggestions?

Also I thought about updating the BIOS but all the versions I saw
require the use of a floppy (nice one HP don't supply a floppy and
require one to update) any suggestions for that?

Thanks