Old July 3rd 07, 11:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

Default 11 x 17 monochrome laser printer $1000?

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:50:12 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:03:14 +0100, "
wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Hamilton wrote:
I promised to help out an architect friend who works by herself. She
prints out 11 x 17 floor plans and the like on an inkjet printer, but
she would like something faster, meaning a laser printer. She doesn't
need color and her budget is $1000.

Any suggestions? If it matters, she is located in New York City, and
would prefer to buy from a local dealer rather than a web store.

Ebay for an HP 8150. Does 11x17 beautifully. Goes for about $400 with
page count about 95,000 to 150,000 and scheduled maintenance at
350,000. For an extra $60 get a duplexer. Does both letter and 11x17
from two different trays. Get a cartridge from LaserMonks.com - new
for about half price, 15,000 copies or so.

Jim

Jim,

Sounds good, and if it was me, that's what I would do. But my friend
in NYC is not exactly what you call "computer savvy." She just uses a
computer (and printer) to get her job done. She needs to be able to
problem. And since I don't live in NYC or any where nearby, I can't
really "support" a used system. I can only make recommendations about
new product and a local store in NYC.

Andy