Old July 3rd 07, 05:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default 11 x 17 monochrome laser printer $1000?

In article ,
Andrew Hamilton wrote:
I promised to help out an architect friend who works by herself. She
prints out 11 x 17 floor plans and the like on an inkjet printer, but
she would like something faster, meaning a laser printer. She doesn't
need color and her budget is $1000.

Any suggestions? If it matters, she is located in New York City, and
would prefer to buy from a local dealer rather than a web store.

The Kyocera FS-6950DN is probably going to be a pretty good machine,
with both network and duplex ability, possibly a little over budget,
although I couldn't find it on Kyocera's US website.

Alternatively Ricoh AP-610N I think fits the bill at around $700

It should be possible to find a dealer in New York by searching Ricoh's
website - actually it gives you a big list, I'm sure one of them could
come up with something.

--
Timothy