Old July 1st 07, 04:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
GMAN[_3_]

Default proactively replace HP fuser?

In article , (Richard Kovalcik) wrote:
So, I have a HP LaserJet 5000 which has 150k pages on it. The HP
recommendation is to do a major service - fuser and rollers at this
point. What is the convenitional wisdom on this? Should I do it?
Should I just do the rollers and wait for the fuser to die before
replacing it? Left to my own, I will probably do the rollers but not
the fuser as the rollers are cheap and aftermarket fuser probably
isn't going to last as long as the original.

I have been using my Laserjet 5 since 1997 and have yet needed to change
anything but toner. I guess i have been lucky. But yeah, sounds like rollers
might help, but only if you have been having feed problems.