Old October 18th 03, 03:49 PM
Li'l ol' me

"Li'l ol' me" wrote in message
Just got one of those POST code reader thingies, and I've already tried it
with a troublesome ECS K7VTA3. This board gives continuous long beeps

(with
3 second gaps) when switched on, which I 'THINK' means a memory problem

(or
memory sockets problem) according to the Award BIOS beep code translations
I'd already seen.

The card gives the code 'C1' which maps to the error: "OEM specific - Test
to size on-board memory".

So I was right to suspect memory, but what's this 'on-board' memory.

Sounds
like a gfx thing, but there is no built in gfx.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Quick update: I think this is actually a phoenix BIOS (whoops!). The C1
code is the same, but after resetting the CMOS I've lost all the beeps
(never lost 'em last time I did that!). C1 on phoenix means "initialise
POST Error Manager (PEM)" apparently.