Old January 15th 05, 12:04 PM
Manfred Pressler

Michael Enzweiler schrieb:
I apologize if this problem has been addressed previously and I've
missed it.

I need to update the video drivers for my wife's laptop (VPR Matrix
200A5, see full dxdiag report below). According to dxdiag, it has an
Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go 32M. So, I went to Nvidia's website (VPR hasn't
updated their driver links in ages), and I download the appropriate
installation file (66.93_win2kxp_english.exe) and run it. It seems to
go fine, but once the reboot takes place and I check the dxdiag for
version/date information, it appears that the driver update did not
occur. What am I doing wrong, and how can I make the drivers update?
The Nvidia site suggests removing nvidia first, but it doesn't appear in
the add/remove programs listing. Much thanks and praise to anyone who
can help me with this.

Michael

Hi Michael ,
Nvidia selber macht keine "offiziellen" Notebook Treiber.
Daher wuerde ich dir empfehlen mal ein wenig zu "googlen".Such dir
einfach einen anderen Notebook Hersteller der ebenfalls diese GraKa
verbaut.Falls das nicht helfen sollte koenntest du vielleicht hier mal
schauen - http://www.omegadrivers.net.
Dort findest du in der Regel auch aktuellere Treiber fuer Notebook Geforces.

Hth
Manfred