Old February 21st 04, 02:39 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

KILOWATT wrote:

I currently use ECDC version 5.3.5.10 under
Windows98SE with a Sony CRX-140E 8x-4x-32x cd-rw drive. I've been using
DirectCD for my automated backups for more than 2 years without any
problems. But since about 2 weeks, the CD-RWs became unreadable after 2~3
days. I use the plurial since i've tried 3 different CD-RWs of the Sony
brand. I've even tried an old batch that i've bought at another store a year
ago...and in less than 48 hours, the disk is useless.

2~3 days???!!! 48 hours???!!! That looooonnng time???!!! DirectCD is
setting a new record!!! With DirectCD, the norm is about 5 minutes or
less.

Surely CDRW's don't develop errors after 5 minutes?

From: "BrianT"
Subject: Loosing Disk Space {formatting CDRW}
Date: 5/8/03

Mike Richter (Friggin' ****) spewed:

BrianT wrote:

Hi this is strange, anyone else get this? or can explain it
When I re-format a CDRW with Drag to Disk Full Format {EasyCD
6}, the space available after format drops by between 150 and
200 Mgs and I cannot get it back. A full format on a new CDRW
is OK. I have a LG 52x24x52x and use TDK or Packard Bell 10X
CDRW. This never happened with EasyCD 5.

The space you are losing is due to sectors found to be unreliable.
It's a good sign that the disc is developing errors and is ready
for the trash. You'll also find that formatting gets slower; it
takes time to retry verification and to mark the bad sectors.

If you insist on using fixed-length packets, you ask for that as
well as losing data.

Mmm, but if I format a brand new CDRW I get the full monty then if I
immediately re-format, quick or full, I loose 150Mg.

Surly CDRW's don't develop errors after 5 minutes?