Old November 15th 04, 11:36 PM
jbgcjncg

Watts, how many?
I've heard it's good to have @ least a 450 W PSU or higher for almost all
the
AMD 64's.
I just might've took that long to start having problems.
+
Put you hand at the back of your PSU, is it cool air coming out or warm.
If it's warm air, your overworking your PSU & you need a higher one.
If it's cool air, then it's not having any problems.
Also keep in mind how much stuff you have running off of that PSU
Hard Drives, CD-Roms, etc, etc.
Almost all hd's are about 15W each
CD-Roms are sometimes as much as 30W
CPU's as high as 70W and over.
boards take up around, well I would have to say close to half as much, if
not more.
Some boards today take up almost as much as the CPU.
I would guess your cpu is closer to 90 or 100 Watts.
I just did the figures on mine, and without Overclock, I get 315W
I only have a 350 in this thing, so I am cutting it close.
I also counted my Black Light, and don't always have it on.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

The air coming out of my PSU is cool, and I doubt I'm overworking it
because it's a 430W Enermax and I only have one HD and one CD-ROM.
That and the CPU on its own 12V line, so there should be enough
wattage. I don't seem to be experiencing any other problems, other
than what I outlined above, but the slight rattling sound does
periodically come and go. Sometimes, it comes right as I turn the
computer on. Confusion.