Old November 13th 04, 06:42 PM
CoCo

jbgcjncg wrote:
Okay, so my A64 3000+ system occasionally emits this sound as if a
wire is touching a spinning. After a little bit of makig it, it stops.
I'm really not sure what's up with that, but I'm fairly sure that no
wires are actually in any fans.

So anyway, when it began to make this sound today, I was rebooting
right around then, and when the American Megatrends logo showed up, I
was told that overclocking failed.

I ran ASUS probe to look at temperatures. MB is stable at 23C and CPU
is between 25-27C. Voltages appear to be consistent as well.

Should I be worried? Is my system trying to overclock itself?

hi

no but you may have instable power. (or maybe a fan is going dead soon)

coco