Old December 9th 04, 02:19 PM
Ben Myers

I've used lots of Linksys gear and had very few problems with it. I've also
used Proxim Orinoco Gold cards, an older business/corporate standby.

Suffice it to say that different brands of WiFi interoperate quite well with one
another.

You might try that Netgear notebook card in another brand of PCI-PCMCIA adapter
card. AFAIK, Netgear does not make PCI-PCMCIA adapters, but there are others
kicking around out there.

You might also try a Linksys 802.11b or g PCI card, but check the specs first.
Price is around $50.

You may have gotten great prices on the Netgear stuff, but if it doesn't all
work, the price does not look as great any more. For it's low street prices,
Netgear seems to have sacrificed motherboards with older PCI specs.

.... Ben Myers

On 9 Dec 2004 06:03:25 -0800, "bd420" wrote:

I already Purchased a Netgear Wireless Router that came with a Notebook
Card (in which I don't have a need for right now) for $20. I also
already purchased 2 Netgear Wireless PCI Adapters, one was $30 after
rebate, the other was free after I used a $30 store gift certificate,
and after rebate.

For $50, I have a wireless router, a Notebook card, and 2 PCI adapters,
so I'm all set on that front.

I just need this older ATX Form Factor to recognize the card, that's
it.

I've heard very good things in regards to Netgear and wireless coverage
in terms of distance from the router, which is fairly essential for me,
whereas I haven't heard similar good things in regards to LinkSys and
Belkin from people I know that have tried those, ie, wireless coverage
is not very far from the router.

Thanks,

bd420