Old November 8th 04, 07:49 PM
Kylesb

Just a suggestion, but I would be tempted to buy a cheap used receiver
or preamp/tuner on Ebay rather than buy a dedicated turntable/phono
preamp. So long as the receiver has a turntable input it should have
the proper equalization circuitry.

Here's a couple good examples:
or this one:

Just try and find someone who'll guarantee it works after shipping.

I have an old Pioneer SX-939 and a Technics SA-5550, both circa 1976 ,
both are still working, the great thing about these old receivers is
they are mostly discrete components and typically repairable if they
have a problem.

Or, you could tempt me with an offer for my old Harmon-Kardon separate
tuner/preamp. I also have the 120 W mono-block amps for it, but one
of the amps is dead and in pieces, and it's one of those projects I
just can't seem to find time for, lol.

--
Best regards,
Kyle