View Single Post
Old October 12th 18, 01:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Well, to get this lucrative project under way, I
need to know the *model number* of the modem. Just
in case it's a modem/router... Is it an Alcatel or
a Fritz, or something else ?

Cable modem: Ubee evm320b

I already tried searching the internet for a manual. I only found a manual for a slightly different version, one that also has a wireless chip inside of it if I recall.

This exact model's manual seems to be missing.

But it's basically a standard cable modem/docsis modem probably 2.0 or so.

I tried shields up, but had windows firewall running, and everything shows green.

Already tried this tool in the past, could close down the firewall... it's a nice tool.

I guess it's somewhat usefull at finding open ports when firewall is down... proving that that computer can reach my computer...

But since my computer contacted that website... it's pretty useless since this is how NAT is circumvented.

My computer makes outbound connection to web and thus web is allowed to connect to my computer.

I hope now that you understand that I don't think this tool is very usefull... though I may be wrong, since the scan can be started later.

But websites can use tricks to keep connections open perhaps that is what shields up is doing.

For my test, you would try to connect to my computer without my computer making an outbound connection to your computer.

At least that is kinda the idea.

Bye,
Skybuck.