Old September 25th 18, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default Finding battery for a SONY VAIO laptop model PCG-71312L orVPCEB11FD

On 9/25/2018 1:32 AM, s wrote:
The battery model is VGP-BPS22. The laptop was bought in March 2010 so I
did not find any batteries on Sony website. The laptop cannot run without
being connected to a power cord. The battery in it no longer works.

I tried the suggestions at
https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/s...icles/00031889 but they did
not help. I see some offered on ebay.com which claim to work, but I wanted
to confirm which battery models would work with this laptop.

1. Where can I find a replacement battery which would work with this laptop?

2. When buying a battery from unknown seller on Walmart, ebay etc. how can
I verify if that will work properly with this laptop?

Just Google the part number and you'll find many suppliers. Pick one,
Amazon for example, that has a decent return policy and spend your money
there. At some point in the life cycle of a product that is considered
basically a throw-away after five years you are going to get to this point
and you have to live with it. I keep my ancient HP laptop (old enough that
it still has a DVD drive inside) going with generic replacement batteries
and drives and haven't suffered too much for it.