Old December 21st 14, 03:00 AM posted to comp.hardware,comp.sys.hardware.ibmpc,comp.sys.ibm.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc-hardware
Ant[_3_]

Default What is a new good monitor to get these days?

FYI. I updated my request details (was able to make a little more room too):

-25" horizontal width max(imum)
-22" vertical height max(imum)
-Need to be able easily to rotate/move monitor due to the annoying sun
shining on to it since window blinds don't help.
-Limited desk space due to bookshelves and stuff.
-Adjustable height.
-Tiltable.
-Still need VGA and DVI ports for old cables and computers (Linux,
Windows, and Mac)
-Do some basic graphic work.
-Do a lot of Internet, watching videos, some gaming, etc.

On 12/18/2014 8:14 AM PT, Ant typed:

Hello.

It looks like my very old 19" Samsung SyncMaster 931BF monitor is dying
since it has problems turning on (black screens, flickers to black and
display fast, etc.) on multiple desktop computers. It is time to find a
replacement.

I noticed some current sales that might be good?
http://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/mnitrp.shtml
http://www.salescircular.com/ca/video/tvsmlp.shtml
http://www.salescircular.com/ca/video/tvp.shtml

I want to see the new monitor in person with local retail stores like
Costco, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, etc. before buying to be sure I
like it.

Thank you in advance.

--
"I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It
would take about a million ants just to aim a gun at me, let alone fire