Old August 6th 08, 09:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
1uk3

Default HP Color LaserJet 5550 - Copies Multiplied

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to point in the right direction with
this.

At work, we have a HP Color LaserJet 5550 which is on our
network/domain. Some users have complained that the printer is printing
a multiple of the copies requested.

For example if a user selects to print 2 copies of a document, 4 copies
will print. If they choose 3 copies, 9 copies will print. (2 x 2 = 4
and 3 x 3 = 9).

This only happens for some users who are all located in a certain area
of the building which to me points to it being a network issue but I'm
not sure of how to trouble shoot this to find the cause.

Could it be anything to do with a faulty switch do you think?

Anyway, hope someone can give me some kind of idea of how to go forward
with this.

Thanks in advance.