Old January 21st 04, 11:56 AM
CBFalconer

Peter Wilkins wrote:
atDFN wrote :

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had some problems with Norton
products in the past, so was trying to avoid them. However,
you're the second person who's suggested Ghost. I've already
been to their site to check out the specs. It's good to hear
from other users about what works for them.

I also use Ghost, and it is good, but it is bloody slow, doing a
full system image with verify takes me several hours. I usually
image to a second HDD, but every month or so image directly to
CD's bootable with Ghost on board, so I can restore even if the
system can't boot.

Especially for imaging to a second HD, check out XXCOPY from
xxcopy.com. It is free, works, and is very flexible. The /clone
switch maintains a complete replacement HD for me with normal
incremental backup taking only a few minutes.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!