Old January 21st 04, 04:32 AM
Peter Wilkins

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:17:02 GMT, atDFN wrote :

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had some problems with Norton
products in the past, so was trying to avoid them. However, you're
the second person who's suggested Ghost. I've already been to their
site to check out the specs. It's good to hear from other users about
what works for them.

I also use Ghost, and it is good, but it is bloody slow, doing a full
system image with verify takes me several hours. I usually image to a
second HDD, but every month or so image directly to CD's bootable with
Ghost on board, so I can restore even if the system can't boot.

Acronis is supposed to be better, and does it in the background from
Windows - doesn't have to go to DOS. It has had some rave reviews,
but I remain suspicious that you can get an completely accurate image
while backing up files in use that are changing during the backup.
Check it out on http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/
--=20
Regards,
Peter Wilkins