Old September 4th 07, 02:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
zakezuke

Default Epson wins litigation - aftermarket carts already in short supply

On Sep 3, 5:19 pm, Arthur Entlich wrote:
Although not yet available in Canada, and without comment about
reliability or quality or other issues, Kodak is trying to break the
business model currently in use, by charging more for the hardware and
lowering prices on the consumables considerably. So far they haven't
seems to make the splash I was hoping for (I don't know how they feel
about it).

I wasn't too excited about the prices of Kodak consumables. The last
time I looked at their prices they were on par with bci-3e/bci-6 canon
in terms of cost per page. Don't get me wrong, the printer prices
were reasonable and the consumable price was also reasonable.