Old September 3rd 07, 03:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Tait

Default Epson wins litigation - aftermarket carts already in short supply

Arthur Entlich wrote in news:aJOCi.120973
$rX4.16160@pd7urf2no:

Perhaps the answer is for someone to come up
with a competitive model and try to educate people to pay more for the
printers so that the ink doesn't end up the only profit engine.

I don't know how profitable it would be (I personally think that the
purchasing public are fine buying underpriced hardware and paying ongoing
costs to use it), but I though of setting up a company whose purpose is to
badge-order devices such as printers and sell them at actual fair market
value for the hardware, and selling the consumables for what they are
really worth, and not preventing 3rd party consumables.