Old January 29th 04, 06:54 PM
dee

In article , Snazz
writes
Hi

any suggestions for parts to quieten me pc down, do I go for individual
parts or changing to one of the smart 'silent pc cases' suppose it all
depends on the price

any ideas

I have been doing a bit of work on this recently - For too long now, I
have had a noisy, hot sideless PC...

Initially I bought an antec sonata case - This reduced the PSU noise and
made other bits generally a bit quieter. Some soundproofing foam made
this a bit more effective.

More recently, changing my main hard drive from a Western Digital one
and putting a Zalman heatsink on my graphics card are the 2 things that
have made the largest difference.

In answer to your question, it is hard to know without seeing the
system, as it is possible to buy very expensive quiet cases, but if it
is just a couple of main items (PSU, fans, etc) that are causing the
main noise problem then it may be better to replace these.
--
dee