Old August 31st 03, 10:56 AM
Snowdon Computers

"Robin" wrote in message
snip
Wednesday comes and so does a notification from bank that it wasnt a

BACs
that customer made but a stolen, forged cheque that he has paid directly
into our account at a branch of our bank. Needless to say it has

bounced!!!
Can you get on-line access to your business a/c? All the on-line

statements
I have seen distinguish clearly between cheque deposit or transfer. Still
not an absolute guarantee of course but better than just checking a

balance.

Mine does (HSBC) - if it's a direct deposit it comes up as 'Paid in at
454545 (sort code)' while transfers are either 'Advice Confirms' or the name
of the account the xfer is from.

It does not however differentiate between cheque and cash direct deposits.

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys
Snowdon Computers Ltd