Old February 13th 16, 06:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Precision M6500 - screen shut off

I stumbled on this topic while searching something else, but am posting because I have a Precision M6500 that did this a lot. I applied the fix found in the "verified answer" he http://en.community.dell.com/support...519/t/19323478

The common problem is due to the video card getting a false overheating signal. My screen was blanking a few times a week, but it hasn't happened once in the year and a few months since applying the fix.