Old April 25th 05, 10:31 PM
Hans Wankle

The Board was a KR7A 133R and was less than a year old when it failed. The
board was bought from a reputible retailer and was in a retail box. It
worked fine for about a year and that is when I fell into trouble. I
understand that all motherboard manufacturers will have a product fail at
times. But the measure of a company is how they address their warranty to
the end user. This is where Abit fails their customers. I bought 3 other
Abit boards in the past and they are all still working without problems. It
took me nearly a year dealing with Abit to replace this board which had a 3
year warranty and they sent me back a KR7A instead of a KR7A 133R and that
one was DOA. Since then I have bought only Asus boards and I do understand
some have had problems with Asus. But so far, I have not, and I will only
buy Asus boards until I do have a problem with their RMA policy.