Old October 15th 18, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

I went to a free wifi hotspot in my city, took brother's laptop with me.

This time connected the wireless laptop via wife with my home computer via team viewer.

This did work, so it does somewhat proof that making connections to my home computer is somewhat possible.

All other tests more or less failed.

Non of the udp protocols seemed to have worked, except maybe dns.

Reasons for this could be that these are blocked at the wifi-hotspots, but I am not sure.

Could also be a weird cable modem issue, though bittorrent works fine on my side.

TCPIPTest with micro server/micro client and free dynamic dns also failed.

I can see the IP address of my computer being returned by the DNS query but when trying to connect, connection timeout happens.

Not yet sure why, will try and install wireshark to see if there is any communication going on at all... my guess is not.

One idea is to use port 80 which seems to be open at wi-fi hotspots.

I will now call my television provider to report this dhcp problem and television signal problem(S).

Bye,
Skybuck.