Old August 10th 15, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mayayana

Default Problem saving screen profile file.

| 2) Could the ICM file be saved elsewhere and then
| just copied into the folder?
|
| I've got no access to or control over the software which determines
| where it is trying to save(
| C:\Windows\System32\Spool\drivers\color\...

This is a longshot, but I wonder about moving
out the other ICMs temporarily. Also maybe
look for a config file or settings. It's possible the
software is operating on its own erroneous info.
(This is really grasping at straws, but I'm thinking
something like a recorded value indicating that it
needs to replace the Dell ICM. It seems reasonable
to suspect a bug in the logic of the software.)

Another possibility, after backing up ICMs,
might be to try FileAssassin to unlock the files
without deleting them. I've had good luck with
it for getting rid of weird locks, like where I
accidentally click two things almost simultaneously
and end up with a file I can't delete. FA is mainly
for deleting such stuck files, but it can also be
used to unlock without deleting. (If you have an ICM
that won't move that might be a sign of a faulty
file lock.)

https://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin/