Old September 27th 09, 01:31 AM posted to comp.sys.laptops,comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Barry Watzman

Default Replacing an OEM Mobo...

Probably; I'd say definitely if you are using more than 137GB
successfully. There are, however, situations in which the drive will be
"recognized" as more than 137GB, but when you start writing to it
(beyond the 137GB point), it "wraps" and destroys the drive (not
physically, but the contents are lost). The simple fact that it sees
the drive and reports it's full [but, so far, not actually used or
accessed] capacity is not absolutely definitive. But it is a good sign.

Jimmy Roberts wrote:
On Sep 26, 5:43 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
This ancient a motherboard can easily have BIOS issues with drives 128GB

That one doesnt.

I currently have the 250-GB WD2500BB hard drive installed as a slave
and Windows XP recognizes all 250 GB...

Should that give me a greater sense of security?

JKR