Old November 8th 14, 11:36 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default "BIOS problem" solved

"Brian Gregory" wrote in message
On 07/11/2014 05:34, Paul wrote:
Gene E. Bloch wrote:

What does all that have to do with my youthful "understanding" of wire?

Well, my young friend, this is wire with blue
chewing gum inside. Try a bite...

http://www.satacables.com/assets/images/IMG_188353.jpg

So are you saying reflections off a kinked cable will be too small to
matter

Whether he is saying that or not, that is true.

or that the cable is so short that reflections don't matter?

Whether he is saying that or not, that is true.

It almost sounds as if you're saying, the more ludicrous thing - that the
cable doesn't have a characteristic impedance.

He wasn’t saying that.