Old November 8th 14, 11:29 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default "BIOS problem" solved

Brian Gregory wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Paul wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Paul wrote

The SATA cable is a miniature dual twinax (one pair for serial TX, one
pair for RX). And when I say "kink", I'm referring to the compression
of the shield around one of the two conductors in that pair.

That isnt going to happen with a SATA cable.

Thanks for providing the incentive for me to keep searching.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.199480143

"Never bend a SATA data cable tighter than a 30 mm (1.18 in) radius.
Never crease a SATA data cable."

That isnt for the reason you were talking about.

PLEASE EXPLAIN.

SATA data cables are too short for the effect he is talking about to occur.

Notice that SATA power cables are not mentioned. This is because SATA
power cables are not coaxial or twinaxial in nature, and there is no AC
impedance to worry about in that respect. A SATA Power cable should not
be bent so tightly as to break the copper wire inside.