Old November 8th 14, 11:05 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Gene E. Bloch[_3_]

Default "BIOS problem" solved

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 14:43:15 -0800, Gene E. Bloch wrote:

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 13:19:00 +0100, Linea Recta wrote:

"Gene E. Bloch" schreef in bericht
On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 05:34:42 -0500, Paul wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

That isnt going to happen with a SATA cable.

Thanks for providing the incentive for me to keep searching.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.199480143

"Never bend a SATA data cable tighter than a 30 mm (1.18 in) radius.
Never crease a SATA data cable."

Notice that SATA power cables are not mentioned. This is because SATA
power cables are not coaxial or twinaxial in nature, and there is
no AC impedance to worry about in that respect. A SATA Power cable should
not be bent so tightly as to break the copper wire inside.

Paul

Apropos of nothing (although I offer thanks for being motivated to look
further above!), I still remember as a child not understanding how
electricity could still get to the light bulb when there was a knot in
the wire.

Although some here might think otherwise, by "child" I mean when I was a
kid of 4 years of age, not when I was 19 years old.

--

I always thought that uploading to a friend in Switserland took more time
than the other way round because it had to go up the mountains!

You also have to deal with a redshift due to relativistic effects. It
wild be a blueshift going downhill.

Or is it the other way around?

"it _would_ be a blueshift"

Dumb spell checker won't read my mind...

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)