Old April 6th 14, 03:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
charlie

Default Smartphone to PC file transfer?

On 4/4/2014 5:12 PM, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 17:06:10 -0400, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per John Doe:
Requiring a file manager
with LAN isn't my idea of easy file transfer between devices. Easy
file transfer between devices is when the device shows up like a
USB flash drive shows up automatically in Windows Explorer.

Might depend on what one calls "easy". For me, an instant WiFi
connection from anywhere in the house is easy and having to go down to
the computer and plug in a USB cable is less than easy.

I would recommend a 20 meter USB cable with the B end in your living
room. More precisely, I would recommend it, except that it's a stupid
idea. Its only merit is that it's *my own* stupid idea :-)

Total aside: I'm listening to some music by Respighi streaming over the
Internet, but the CD at the station is apparently faulty, and it's
skipping like mad. Ah, modern technology!

The "Skipping" may be a result of your IP trying to discourage streaming
of audio and or video.