Old September 18th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Andy/Bandi

Default Blue Screen of Death

Hi,

I tend to agree with you that the BSOD problem is probably rooted in Vista.
I'm looking forward to SP1!

Make sure you don't lose the hidden PQSERVICE partition. My machine came
with a bad HDD. Acer sent me a BLANK replacement. They categorically and
repeatedly refused to provide me with the means to restore the partition. I
had to send a registered mail to Gianfranco Lanci, their CEO in Taiwan, to
get some attention. Their representative's snake-oil salesmanship has done
nothing to inspire confidence in him, and he is still refusing to respond to
my e-mails. So I'm not impressed with the Acer business ethics--or the lack
thereof.

Good luck!

Andy

"eeeklaf" wrote in message

Hi,

Unfortunately i do not have a solution, but have been looking for a
solution to this problem for 3 months!! I have an Acer Aspire E380 with
Vista Home Premium and I constantly get the BSOD when switching users.
I had an ongoing e-mail communication with an Acer tech who had me do a
recovery twice - to no avail. I then sent in the unit to be fixed where
they apparently replaced the memory and the hard drive - still getting
BSOD!! This makes me think that it is a Vista problem! All the
programs that I have loaded are supposed to be okay for Vista. I am
getting extremely frustrated and would welcome any help!!

Thanks!!!