Old May 6th 07, 11:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
glf

Default Restore Compaq Presario S4300NX?

Here is the link for the S4300nx software & driver page- There is a section
where you can order recovery cd's for the
S4300nx-http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=325 363&lang=en#

"glf" wrote in message
I was able to get a set of restore cd's for a presario s4200nx a couple
months ago from hp,so you should not have any problems getting a set for a
s4300nx-

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
It should not make a difference. HPaq makes up restore CDs to fit at
least an
entire range of models, which can vary in CPU speed, amount of memory,
and
capacity of hard drive. It would actually be more work from them to
make
restore CDs tailored to specific hard drive capacities, and they want to
avoid
extra work just like you and I... Ben Myers

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:28:51 -0500, "David"
wrote:

"HH" wrote in message
.. .
Compaq can send you QuickRestore CDs for it. Give them a call.

HH

Thanks,

I did order the restore cd's form compaq. If replace the the orginal hard
drive (120gb.) with a larger hard drive,
will it have any effect on using the factory restore cd's?

David C.

"David" wrote in message
I got a used Compaq Presario SX4300NX for cheap, the hard drive is
going
bad.
It has XP Home on old hard drive. I would like to restore XP home
back
original, but I do not have the restore cd's.
IF I can recover the data of the old drive, and copy to a new working
hard
drive can I make a set of restore cd's?
Or is there another way to restore XP home on this computer with abad
hard
drive and no restore cd's?

TIA,
Craig