Old November 25th 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mitch Crane

Default Scythe Mine - CPU Cooler?

Gerry_uk wrote in
:

Hi Mitch,

Your experience is similar to mine. I originally thought the Core2
chips would run cool "out of the box" (even under load) because of
all the talk about low power; this was not my experience with the
E6800 although to be fair it _does_ have a higher power rating then
the others. I've documented my notes he

http://www.xp20.dircon.co.uk/hardware/

Having come from Athlon64, I wasn't all that impressed with how cool the
Conroe ran either. My 3200+ @ 2.5GHz is still running fine on the stock
cooler. But I'm not diappointed either. The Conroe is dual core and
clocked higher than that chip and is very fast. I guess people coming
from the high-end Prescott and Pentium D perspective would find these
things very cool running, though.

It sounds like the Scythe is doing an excellent job on your system!

Yes. I had hoped to make do with the OEM cooler as I did with the
Athlon64, and perhaps I could have at 3GHz, but I feel a lot better
knowing the CPU now has some headroom with regard to temperature.

--
ybbxvatyvxrnobeantnvayvivatyvxrnurergvpyvfgravatgb neguheyrrerpbeqfznxv
atnyylbhesevraqfsrryfbthvyglnobhggurveplavpvfznaqg urerfgbsgurvetrareng