Old March 14th 09, 03:21 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
YKhan

Default Dvorak Likes Linux

On Mar 13, 11:21*am, Jan Panteltje wrote:
I dunno, I had a free win32 type compiler that I used some times to make simple GUIs, I think
it worked in all older version, but am not sure anymore, so long ago.
I just tried to make a Nokia bluetooth headset work with the Asus eeePC (for Skype).
Not only are many of the instructions on the net wrong, the whole bluetooth thing (bluez)
was changed from version 2.? to 3.? to use dbus, but no indication how to add a PIN for paring
the headset.
Finally found a hint on wiki.eeeuser.com where to put the pin, and got the thing to pair,
and can connect to it, next should be how to send and get sound from it.

Actually, I've had a similar problem with a bluetooth adapter that I
just can't seem to get a driver for. I assume the solution to this
will be for an OEM to package a bluetooth adapter already configured
and known to work with Linux. We are heading towards an era where PCs
won't be nearly so customized, except from out of the factory. This
can only help Linux, when the factory puts stuff in that is guaranteed
to work.

We won't be adding nearly so much stuff into our PCs from the
aftermarket.

Yousuf Khan