Old February 15th 07, 01:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Matamanolos

Default HDD for old Compaq Armada M300

Matamanolos wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 8, 3:36 pm, Matamanolos wrote:
Hi, please I need help. The HDD on my old Pentium 2 Compaq Armada
M300 is dying and I want a new one.

Standard IDE 2.5" ide drive. Googling on "m300 Hard drive" turns up
drives as large as 100GB.

So it probably has the 137GB limit. Anything under that size should bo
OK.

Thank you very much. I don't know about notebooks and I was afraid of
any hardware limitations.

Uh. I have to ask again. Some guy who has a 80G Toshiba HDD told me that
I can't put a big disk on my notebook because the Bios wouldn't support it.
I don't see any settings on the Bios to let me change the HDD
configuration (cylinders, sectors, etc). Probably he's right and I have
to go with a small HDD, 6G or 12G maybe.

Thanks!