Old February 9th 07, 04:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default HDD for old Compaq Armada M300

On Feb 8, 3:36 pm, Matamanolos wrote:
Hi, please I need help. The HDD on my old Pentium 2 Compaq Armada
M300 is dying and I want a new one.
Can anyone tell me what kind of 3.5 HDD goes well with my notebook?
The only thing I want is that I can find it easily at a store (I live in
South America) and if possible it have some more capacity, like 30G or so.
Thanks a lot in advance. I copy here the actual HDD info:

IBM Travelstar www.ibm.com/harddrive
MODEL DBCA-206480 6.49GB ATA/IDE 5V 500mA 4200 RPM SEP-99
13424CYL 15HEADS 63SEC/T
P/N: 25L2714 MLC: F41940

Standard IDE 2.5" ide drive. Googling on "m300 Hard drive" turns up
drives as large as 100GB.

So it probably has the 137GB limit. Anything under that size should bo
OK.