Old September 3rd 04, 11:58 PM
trex

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:30:36 +0100, DS wrote:

Hiya

I haven't added any new hardware lately, it has been connected to a
different computer via the twisted net cable, and connected to a second hand
laserjet 4000. However I have now disconnected them and still get the
problems.

There isn't excessive dust in the system, actually its quite clean.

I have noticed a lot of noise from one of the fans, doesn't do it all the
time, unlike the inability to run prime95! I have the case off now looking
to see if I can isolate which fan is making the noise..... when it happens
I hadn't been overly worried about the noise as I had put it down to wear
in a fan. Although surprised and disappointed as case is Aopen with
associated psu and case fan and the processor has AMD fan rather than
cheapest.

But isn't 51c and acceptable temperature anyway?

Thanks

Maybe it is time to reinstall OS. It may be a software error.