Old December 25th 17, 01:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

Default question re micro-USB/regular USB cord

"Loren Pechtel" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 17:59:26 -0600, VanguardLH wrote:

However ... and here's the catch ... many camera makers use their own
proprietary connectors on their cables and camera ports. You have to
use THEIR cable to use with THEIR camera. "Canon" doesn't give a model
so no one else can check what connector style that model uses. You
could compare the camera cable or the camera port to see if it matches
the pics above for the micro, mini, and type C USB connectors or if
whatever model you have uses a proprietary cable.

That's truly obnoxious. Cameras travel--we want a minimum of gear.
There shouldn't be extra cables in my bag just because some
manufacturer wants to sell more cables rather than use something
standard.

I have an older Canon PowerShot SD700IS (purchased over 10 years ago) and it
uses a standard mini-USB connection, so it's not ALL Canon's. Maybe the
newer or really older ones use proprietary ports? Don't know about them.
--

SC Tom