Old December 21st 17, 09:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default question re micro-USB/regular USB cord

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 20:31:11 -0000 (UTC), "Yes"
wrote:

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is this problem just bad luck
on my part or are the manufacturers really playing fast and loose with
specs microUSB dimensions? It would have been much more convenient
to have been able to use one cord with either one. Instead I'll have
to keep both handy.

John

I think you've initially answered your question. I've also a Canon
digital camera, but older. I'd trust Canon, possibly over LG, for
specs, even if they're both better respected names, for the reason the
LG phone, of *oid devices, comes out of a tradition of proprietary
plays. The other options are to try and drill up some industry specs,
if you can make the minute measurements;- Ebay also will have all
sorts of conversion adaptors. Not always a bad thing, ordering
directly out of the Chinese technology districts -- aside from cutting
potentially significant middlemen cost markups, or Chinese and
Japanese LG/Canon in direct competition -- an upside residual remains,
if it's so, technologically sourced, that the adaptors just may stand
a chance of correctly fitting usually an inconsiderable bill.

I've an mechanical LED keyboard en route now, coming directly from
inside China, that hasn't much of a standing in Western marketing, or
any consequent mark-ups. A potential realization I hope to appreciate
for the cost-to-gain, at a risk of going outside of a closer culture
indemnity markets provide.