Old December 17th 07, 06:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
CBFalconer

Default What inkjet printer prints the best text?

Burt wrote:
"kony" wrote in message

.... snip ...

True, since many people do use lasers for the described
tasks and their goals were similar to the OP's, for greater
speed. We could reply to a thread about the best brick to
use to pound a nail into a 2x4, but when hammers exist...

On my desk I always have the two printer solution to the problem.
A good quality b/w laser printer and an inkjet that prints good
quality photos and color graphics. The best of both worlds at
this point in time. Fast text printing for multi-page reports,
documentation booklets, checks, and business correspondance.
Photo prints that look, to the naked eye, as good as lab prints.

True. And many can simply dispose with the color printer. At any
rate it allows you to chose the optimum method. Although color
lasers are getting better and cheaper, and this optimum may soon
change.

Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee.
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net