Old December 16th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
DanG

Default What inkjet printer prints the best text?

"kony" wrote in message

Any decent 24# paper that's labeled as "inkjet paper" is a good choice for
everyday printing. Most of the office stores have their own brand. None of
the 20# "multipurpose" or "office paper" types are worth wasting ink on.
I've also had good results on 28# copy paper for duplexing and general
printing.

Perhaps, but if printing on sub-optimal paper using an
inkjet printer, then the difference in quality starts to
diminish between it and a laser.

With a modern color laser, the toner is semi-glossy, even
black text, unlike old B&W lasers which had matte black
output. Therefore, coated paper is best for photos on a
color laser, so it is also true for inkjets, just a differnt
type of (more costly) coating.

I find that with generic copy machine paper on an inkjet,
the text output is nowhere near as sharp as using same paper
on a laser. Basically I'm suggesting that if the volume of
text is high, there might be a justification for more than
one printer if the color output also needs to have the very
highest photo realistic output.

On the other handn when viewed at a distance, a color laser
does have fairly good output, certainly higher than what one
would find in the typical magazine.

Apparently, you are not concerned that this thread is about inkjet, not
laser.