Old October 28th 06, 09:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Default Is My battery on the way out

Dell site wants $129.

EBAY wants $55 for the exact same product (not a compatible)

Mel
"Notan" wrote in message
MZB wrote:

I have an Inspiron 2200. I got it about 14 months ago.

It now appears that my battery goes from fully charged to 5% charged in
about 1.75 hours. It seems it used to take about 2.25-2.75 hours (never
timed it exactly).

I have used the battery a LOT. Pretty much every day.

I ASSUME this indicates I am starting to see the downside of it's
lifespan.

Is there any other way to tell?? I remember once reading about indicator
lights on the battery, but I don't see any. Am I not looking in the right
place?

Anyway, if I do need a new battery, any suggestions? Is there a less
expensive way/source than going through the Dell site?? Would EBAY be a
good
way to go (or would even new batteries bought through EBAY be a bit old
and
have less life).

BTW, I've been VERY pleased with my laptop

It sure sounds like you're due for a new battery!

And these days, with all the publicized battery problems, you'd be a bit
crazy not to invest in a Dell-branded replacement.

Notan