Old June 23rd 05, 10:56 PM
twobirds

Ed Light wrote:
If the case takes 80 and 120, 90 being in between, I'd guess that you
can make holes for it. You can stand it off on rubber grommets too,
or use one of those vibration-damping gaskets.

As it turns out, the mounting hole spacing for a 92 and 120 are the same. A
120 mm fan has a thinner cage to accomodate the larger blades and the holes
are set closer to the inner part of the corners. The 92 mm has a slightly
thicker cage and the holes are set more towards the outer portion of each
corner - thus making the mounting spacing identicle. I can't say that this
would hold true through all manufacturers, but I am currently in possession
of two 92s made by Panflo and a couple of 120s made by Sanyo Denki. I also
have a grille for a 120 and a grille for a 92. They are the same.