Old August 21st 13, 11:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
generic name

Default Good monochrome $100 printer?

On 2013-08-21, KenK wrote:
I have an HP Deskjet 1000. Many problems with it and a warranty
replacement. Finally gave up trying to use it.

Canon Pixma MG3122. Keeps giving out-of-paper when there's plenty. Running
built-in print roller maintenance seems to fix it but it's so frequent that
it's a big PITA. Don't know how long the roller maintenace will fix the
error.

Any suggestions for a _reliable_ less-than $100 monochrome printer if there
is such a thing? A bit more expensive? I use the printer infrequently - a
letter now and then or print out something I researched on the net. I have
an old LJ 3. needs pickup roller I bought installed. Worth paying to get it
done instead of a new printer maybe - it was extremely reliable for many
years?

Suggestions?

TIA.

You might go the laser route as it is cheaper for a mononchrome use.

Haven't used any Samsung printers but look at the Staples web page
for the laser printers & see the 3 laser printers withe wired &
wireless connections; 2 of the 3 has auto duplexing & do believe
one or 2 of the printers are at the "eol"/no longer made.

All the Samsung laser printers are at $99.98 or $99.99 at the sale
prices posted.

Samsung SL-M2820DW @ $99.99 wired/wifi auto-duplex (new model?)
Samsung ML-2955DW @ $99.98 wired/wifi auto-duplex (may be discontinued)
Samsung ML-2165DW @ $99.99 wired/wifi (may not be auto-duplex)

Prices of laser printers have dropped dramatically for what one gets
for doing mono only.