Old November 10th 03, 03:33 PM
Richard Cox

Default Drivers for ATI Radeon 7500 card ?

* I'm posting again, I do not see my post anywhere on the newsgroup *
seems it didn't get posted.

Hello there,

Yesterday I tried to install the latest ATI drivers on my cousin's ATI
Radeon card- which is the 7500 series.

I went to ATI's site, did the usual thing,

find drives, clicked XP for the OS, then the Radeon family,
then took the latest and ONLY drivers they have listed there.

There is no info about what actual cards the drivers support.

I'm puzzled. After downloading these drivers and installing them,
- upon reboot the computer screen was completely screwed up - the
video was unreadable, and the screen was scrolling like an old TV
screen.

I rebooted into safe mode, and uninstalled the drivers.

Any clue to what I did wrong ?

Before installing these drivers, I downloaded the latest MMC ( version
8.7 I think it was) - I chose the latest one, - installed that, then
installed the Remote software for remote control, - version 2.1

it told me the Remote 21. software could not run because video card
drivers were outdated, so it was at this point that i downloaded the
latest video drivers - ran those, and the problem arose that i
describe above.

Any help is much appreciated.

Richard.