Old October 13th 18, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default Windows 10 fails to boot, then it reboots, bizarre self-fix

On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 11:19:15 PM UTC+8, RayLopez99 wrote:

2) I took the laptop to a PC shop. Several actually. The first couple were, much to my surprise, afraid I was a mystery shopper from Microsoft or the government (even though I am Caucasian in the Philippines) and refused to serve me, unless I agreed to buy a full-blown copy of Windows, which costs something like $200. It was comical. But finally a shop took a chance on me, a

I wish to point out that ironically I actually have a real product key and this is a genuine copy of Windows 10, but they, for their own reasons, refused to hear me. Apparently, one guy said, some shop was closed down a while ago for dealing with pirated software and they irrationally did not want to deal with any foreigners with Windows activation issues, as a precaution.. Usually Filipinos will do almost anything for money but not these guys.

RL